Sunday, June 24, 2007

Continuation problems....

I waited anxiously for Andre's blog to be sent through to post for him which is why there was an absence of posts at the end of the week. Eventually Andre sms'd them to me as a voice recording but could only get Day 5 and 6 to me - Day 4 would have to wait for the mail.
I received it today and have posted Day 4 although it's now out of sync. Apologies for the confusion, but it should be resolved now. It still makes for fascinating reading!

Hearing Andre's voice is so bitter-sweet for me. It's wonderful to hear him so alive and happy and while I was typing out the blog while listening to his voice recording on the speaker phone, even the dog was whining! I miss him terribly though.
But it is nice to have the remote all to myself.

I have to wonder how my dear husband must be smelling at this stage....hmmm, I know he has a razor and a toothbrush but I definitely know that a can of deodorant weighed far too much for his precious cargo. When I asked him he simply said, "you don't want to know"! Lovely.
There are about 9 of them in the riding group today so you could probably smell them coming over the mountain loooong before you spotted them!

Thanks again for the awesome messages from everybody. It helps Andre tremendously and keeps him going.

Corrinne

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We in Durban are right behind you and continue to be proud and in absolute awe! Well well done so far Andre!!!!! BTW I totally agree with your comments about your wife, but then I did give birth to her. Love Liz & Mike

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi A and C
Corrinne it's not so bad...you get to have the bed all to yourself so enjoy it while you can! A i am following you all the way, boys at work ask about you everyday..although they are among the older generation and their pc skills are worse than mine..which doesn't say much for them! lol
Keep it up! love T

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a fantastic ride, Andre... so glad to hear! And amazed that Chocolate Brownie is doing so well - simple is best as there's less to go wrong, eh?

Don't know about buying your geared bike but I'm definitely interested in bidding for the Chocolate Brownie... although somehow I don't think you'll part with it after this race!

Hope the rest of your journey continues to be smooth with plenty of downhill single tracks and loads of support, vetkoek and koffie from the locals!

Take care
Shann
xxx

9:13 AM  
Blogger Averageguy said...

Hey Andre! Just back from Italy to hear that you are riding a single speed. Just wanted to let you know that you are my hero!!! Give it Horns DUDE!!!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andre,
Glad you are still coping with C.B. you are going intosome cold weather so need your winter long johns soon, this is when you could do with Corrinne to keep you warm. No hassles with the house this year, (so far), so we just wish you every bit of strength, encouragement and love to keep you going. AND LOTS OF IT.
LOVE
MOM.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Andre reading your blogg you are having a whale of a time and just love your Chocolate Brownie Using that little Donkey were one smart move .Keep up the tempo and you'r home safe and dry
I am going to bolt that brownie to the front of my 4x4 as a mascot Hope they don't hijack it to get to the brownie! enjoy the rest of your trip
Regards Dad

8:21 PM  
Blogger Francois said...

Hi Andre. It's great to see you are doing so well and that you are in high spirits. Keep up the good work.
Francois

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home