Friday, June 15, 2007

2 more sleeps...

2 more sleeps for me and 3 more sleeps for Andre until it all starts. I have been feeling anxious for a while but now that the bag is packed, the sunglass lenses have arrived and we are having our "farewell" breakfast with the parents tomorrow, I am really nervous.

I still can't believe Andre is doing this race on that silly bike. I mean really, it looks like a bike we used to have in standard 2 that we messed around on. The only difference is that this bikes brakes are activated from the handlebars and not by pushing the pedals backwards! But there really isn't much a wife/partner/supporter/whiner can do about it. Other than wish him luck and look forward to the occasional phone call and mms.

I am very proud of Andre and he has been like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning. The months and months of preparation and the hours of training will all be worth it when Andre starts off in PMB on Monday morning. I was initially going to take him to PMB but it hasn't quite worked out that way so I so goodbye on Sunday morning at 9am. Tomorrow will be spent with friends and family and I wonder if Andre will remember to change the security light globe before he goes....I doubt it!

I will be updating the blog for both of us over the next few weeks so be sure to check occasionally to catch the latest gossip, trials and tribulations and happenings in "Days of Andre's Lives and Wives"

Till next time,
Corrinne

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Fix the light, dude! Otherwise you will make the rest of us riders look like uncaring, selfish donkeys! In the past week I have installed a fully automated security light system as well as 100 other things that needed attention before we left. (perhaps 100 is a bit of an exaggeration, might be closer to 2)

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corrinne(and Andre).... mmm how many men does it take to change a light? well no need to answer that...sure dad won't mind doing it! You'll be fine...absence makes the heart grow fonder. You should be lucky Andre is not doing the race on MY old pink bike...then you would have had something to worry about!!!!
take it easy...love tanja
xxxx

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home